The ultimate one pot savoury breakfast bowl for half a weeks worth of breaky's.
Don't know about you, but this sounds and looks like heaven to me!
O.K. Let's get get to it...
What you'll need:
- 1 cup of chopped sweet potato
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- Pinch of Him. salt
- 1/4 of a chopped onion
- 2 cups of dark leafy greens (spinach or kale)
- 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- 250g of extra firm tofu crumbled or 4 eggs
- 1 sliced avocado
- Heat your oven at 200c
- Place the sweet potatoes on a baking pan. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of coconut oil, sprinkle cinnamon and salt, and toss to combine.
- Roast for 30 - 45 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat 1/2 a tbsp of oil in a pan. Add the onion, and a pinch of salt, stirring to combine. Cook over a medium heat, until the onions are softened and lightly browned.
- Add the greens and cook until wilted, stirring often. Remove the spinach or kale and onions from the pan and set aside.
- To the same pan, heat an additional 1/2 a tbsp of oil over medium heat. Add the tofu or eggs with the turmeric powder and pinch of salt and cook. Stirring occasionally until cooked through.
- Assemble the bowls by layering the sweet potato, greens and tofu.
- When ready to serve, top with herbs and avocado.
Now that's my kind of recipe!
You can make it ahead of time and save yourself the week day drama.
Stores for 4 to 5 days in the fridge and serves 2-3 hungry mouths.
The perfect grab and go breaky on busy mornings.