Let's get all spicy and talk about ginger for a minute.
We all know the hype surrounding these legendary spice remedies. But as it turns out, adding some spice to your life like ginger can really help you fight off the nasty's.
They say it's better to try to keep a bad thing from happening than it is to fix the bad thing once it has happened.
"Prevention is the best cure"
Here's a few reasons why you should take a daily ginger hit.
- It'll Boost Your Immunity
- It Helps With Nausea - And Digestion
- It'll Speed Up Your Metabolism
- It Aids In Muscle Recovery
- It Lowers Blood Sugar And Gives You A Healthier Heart
Need any more convincing?
Ok. Ok. The magical soup recipe...
What you'll need:
- 6 medium carrots
- 3 parsnips
- Fresh ginger (1cm piece)
- 1 litre of water
- 1/2 cup of natural or coconut yogurt
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp hot paprika
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste*
Let's get cooking:
- Add the chopped carrots, parsnips, ginger, apple cider vinegar, turmeric & paprika to a pot of boiling water.
- Boil until veggies are tender.
- Add to the blender along with yogurt of choice.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Return the mixture back to the pot & drizzle with olive oil. Stir through until warm.
- Enjoy! And most of all, enjoy the benefits.