Cooler day's often leaves us craving warmer food to warm the cockles.
And did you know that eating with the season's, including the temperature of your meals really matters in terms of optimal digestion?
During winter our bodies require more fuel, which is probably why we're heading towards those comfort food type meal choices.
It's time to reduce raw food consumption and indulge in richer foods which will leave us feeling warm, nourished and happy!
Luana has created a 'No Waste' soup recipe that uses everything she finds in her fridge and pantry to create a healthy, indulgent winter warmer.
What Luana used:
- 4 cups of dark leaf greens (kale, spinach, Chinese broccoli, Swiss chard, beetroot and carrot leaves)
- 1/4 cup of shallots, chopped
- 3 tbsp herbs of choice (Luana used parsley and corinader)
- 1 tbsp of ghee butter or coconut oil
- 2 tbsp red curry (Mekhala)
- 2 cups of coconut cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- Heat a large metal fry pan over medium heat.
- Once hot add the ghee butter, ginger, shallots and garlic (if you choose to add it).
- Saute' for 2-4 mins, or until the shallots are tender.
- Add the greens and a pinch of sea salt.
- Stir to combine and reduce the heat slightly to medium-low.
- Cook for a further 4-5 mins, stirring occasionally, or until the greens appear tender.
- Add the coconut cream and red curry paste and stir to combine.
- Cook for another 2-4 mins. This is where you can adjust the flavour to your liking.
- Finish with a sprinkling of coconut flakes or sesame seeds.
Now excuse me while I go and raid my fridge and pantry to create my own 'No Waste' inspired winter soup for tonight. Yumm!