Want to find the way to your Dad's heart this Father's Day? Then this Brazilian inspired, Raw Choc Hazelnut Tart recipe, created by WODUP Ambassador and Nutritionist Luana is the hot tip. Because I don't know any dad that wouldn't love a Brazilian Tart on Dad's day. (pardon the pun;)
Let's get to it!
- 2/3 cups of hazelnuts
- 3 tbsp (Luana used @loving_earth) activated buckwheat
- 2 tbsp (Luana used @niulife) coconut syrup or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- Pinch of salt
- Blend all the ingredients together in a food processor until it all comes together.
- Grease a removable bottom cake tin with coconut oil.
- Transfer dough to the cake tin and evenly press the crust into the base.
- Transfer to the fridge while you get cracking on the filling.
- 2 cups (Luana used @nudiejuice) coconut yogurt
- 3 tbsp (Luana used @mayversfood) almond or peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup (or alternative syrup of choice)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup (Luana used @absolute_organic) of melted cacao butter or coconut butter
- Pinch of salt
- Add the coconut yogurt, cacao powder, maple syrup and almond butter to a blender and pulse until combined.
- Add the melted cacao butter and a pinch of salt and pulse again.
- Adjust the sweetness if needed.
- Spread the filling evenly over the crust.
- Crush 1/4 cup of Hazelnuts in a food processor to use as topping and mix it with 2 tbsp of cacao nibs and gracefully sprinkle on top of this tart as you're salivating.
- Place in the freezer for 1-2 hours before serving.
And there you have it. A surprisingly simple but decadent and Raw desert that is sure to put a smile on your Dad's face this Sunday.
Happy Father's Day to all the dad's out there, whether you're a Father of the human variety or the furry kind;)
Big Love from us both!